Maya's Adoption Story

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Rainy Day

Today it was pouring in Guangzhou. We still tried to get out and about a little because we've started to feel claustrophobic in our tiny hotel room. Today John taught Maya to give him 5 and she has also learned to clap when you say "yeah". We were planning a dinner cruise along the pearl river but it ended up getting canceled. We went out to dinner with another couple at an American style restaurant here on the island. The waiter was so attentive that he would come up and wipe the babies mouths periodically. John is currently out having a foot massage which he has allowed me to do several times. Maya was extremely playful tonight and finally started exploring the room on her own. Usually she won't leave our side but tonight she crawled all over and then crawled to the bathtub and kept babbling. So at her request I gave her a tubby. She had a blast and kept singing to all the little creatures on the bottom of her tub. I put her down on our bed for her bottle and she threw up everywhere. I mean gallons. This is the first time she has vomited on this entire trip. She didn't make a peep during or afterward and then she continued to babble and talk. She even went to sleep easily. Housekeeping just left from changing all the bedding. I'm hoping that something just didn't agree with her and that she isn't getting an additional illness. Due to the rain we didn't do much today so Maya and I did our own little fashion shoot.






"Oohhh I like my pearls"



" I know how to work it"


"YEAH!!!!!!! I finished my first fashion shoot!"

3 Comments:

  • Lori,
    Oh my gosh! Could Maya be any more precious? I think not. I so enjoy every word & photo of your blog. The "photo shoot" is fab!! As always thank you & John sooooo much for sharing this journey I know it means so much to so many especially all of us who love you so!

    Hugs, hugs and more hugs,

    Diana :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 PM  

  • Holy Cutie Pie!
    I can not get over how adorable she is! I just want to kiss those cheeks...I want to squeeze her through the computer!
    I think she has a future in fashion too...the camera loves her! (Little ham!)
    Only 2 1/2 more days! I can hardly contain myself.
    Love ya,
    Jenn, Jeff & Kellyn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 PM  

  • LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PHOTO SHOOT!!!!
    So glad it was rainy, so you could send more photo's....She really is beautiful, and she does great for the camera, maybe she has a future on the Runway.

    I feel like you have shared soooooo much with us, that we already have gotten to know her, it will be a blast to see her in person!!

    The kids have fallen head over hills for her, Eric said "she is the cutest!" Just a couple of days and you will have more calls and visitors, then you will want.
    Please just lets us know when we can come over....We miss you bunches, Colleen and Family

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home