Maya's Adoption Story

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Last full day in China

Well today marked our last full day in Maya's birth country. Bittersweet to leave the land where she was born but exciting to move on to a new adventure with our sweet girl. Today we traveled to the American Consulate to have our swearing in ceremony to make Maya an American citizen. Unfortunately, we were unable to take pictures inside but the entire thing was pretty short and sweet. She will officially become a citizen when her passport is stamped for arrival at customs in L.A.




Tonight daddy and Maya celebrated with an ice cream cone. Not her first because apparently her and daddy had a secret date with some ice cream before when mommy wasn't looking. She seems to really like it once she gets over the shock of the cold on her tongue.





"What do you mean ya got no more ice cream!"

Tomorrow we will fly to LAX and spend the night there since there are no more flights tomorrow night. We will be arriving home on Saturday afternoon. We look forward to Maya meeting all her new friends and family. And we will cherish the new ones we have made here on this journey. See you all soon.

Dining with new friend Tillie


"This could get ugly"

6 Comments:

  • Welcome Home Maya! Lori and Jon, thanks for all the wonderful updates. Have a great flight home. Lots of love. Felicia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:56 AM  

  • We wish you safe travels and look forward to meeting Maya at the airport! Good Luck on the long flight we'll be thinking of you :-)
    Love ya,
    Jenn, Jeff & Kellyn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 PM  

  • I love the first photo of her with the American Girl made in China shirt...She may be a cheerleader!?!? Have a safe trip home.

    We have all been waiting to get our hands on sweet Maya. I think as long as there is food around we can keep her happy! Call us when we can come see her, and you and John too...Colleen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 PM  

  • Hey Haug Family!

    I see your car out front but don't want to call in case it wakes you guys up! I know you'll be exhausted, etc. so YOU give me a ringa-ding-ding when you're up for me to pop over by myself to meet Maya. Also, call if you need something. Bill or myself can run out to pick stuff up...

    love and missed ya ~ I still can't believe that the three of you are home!!

    Dawn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 PM  

  • oh I hope that you had a very safe trip home! HUGZ to Maya! I love the shirt in the pics@

    By Blogger Chelley, at 6:15 AM  

  • Hey guys! I hope the transition to being home is going well, I'm sure you're exhausted. If you need anything, let me know!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home